Thursday, January 29, 2009

VAMPIRE HUNTER DEAN

A while back, the fine folks at Moonstone asked me to contribute a vampire short story to their upcoming prose anthology. I didn't have a vampire story in mind other than Dead Inspector, a property Top Cow's Filip Sablik and I have been slowly working on for a million years now. What's more, it had been ages since I wrote a fictional prose story and I didn't know if I could do it as quickly as they needed. It seemed pretty daunting.

So, of course, I said, "Sure!"

I'm actually happy with "Vampire Hunter Dean," the story of a HVAC repairman from Dormont, PA who unitentionally discovers that vampires are real and they don't like Carson Daly any more than the rest of us do...

Some of the rest of the folks working on the prose collection mightnot have been as fast as me, I gather, because the book is due to come out... but my Antiques: The Comic Strip collaborators, Brendon and Brian Fraim, read the story and were game to try it as a comic...

We'll have a seven-page teaser story in the Zombie-Proof one-shot, and then a Vampire Hunter Dean one-shot later in the year (not a lot later, I think). More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment