Sunday, February 10, 2008

ZOMBIE-PROOF Screenplay?

The third and final issue of the first Zombie-Proof mini-series is due out in a couple of weeks from Moonstone, so on my weekly train trips I've been working on the screenplay version of it.

Now the first draft is done and it's out to some of my regular readers for notes, and I'm pretty excited about that!

The fun thing is finishing a first draft. The un-fun thing is that now the serious work begins. Numerous wisemen have pointed out that writing is re-writing, and that's very true. What isn't written can't be re-written. To be sure, one has to celebrate getting down on paper, but that's short-lived. There is a lot of work ahead.

And I'm looking forward to it. It's easily one of most film-ready ideas I've ever had and the path that Vincent Spencer and I created for it in the comic just simply screams for a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment